Lady Eleanor the Second
Pattern: Lady Eleanor.
Yarn: 400g of Noro Silk Garden in shade 264
Needles: 5mm circulars
Time taken to knit: August 10th 2008 - September 25th 2009
When she saw my Lady Eleanor a few years ago my Step-Mum LOVED it & wanted to 'borrow' it indefinitely.
Lady Eleanor shawl in Noro Silk Garden 264
So I made another for her.
DD having fun modelling the Lady Eleanor shawl
It took me such a long time to make as I associated it with pain having started it when I came out of hospital after surgery and wanted a familiar easy knit.
Lady Eleanor shawl
After the seeming disaster of my Noro Fake Isle Hat Arianwen saved the day with the use/loan of her wooden hat blocker.
Fake Isle Hat before blocking
Fake Isle Hat after blocking
I love it but unfortunately rarely get outside at the moment so haven't worn it yet. DD also loves it so I made another for her:
Fake Isle Hat
Pattern: Fake Isle Hat.
Yarn: 21g of Noro Kureyon in shade 159 and 36g of Cascade 220 in Jet
Needles: 2x 4mm circulars knitted in the round
Time taken to knit: December 26th 2009 - December 27th 2009
Fake Isle Hat
Lastly (for now) what seemed to take forever as it bored me to tears:
Pattern: Baktus Scarf.
Yarn: 90g of Opal Silk Sock Yarn in shade 1121
Time taken to knit: May 9th 2009 - December 28th 2009
This scarf took forever as I'd started it for a work colleague & then lost my job so it sat unfinished for a long time and I also found the pattern tedious to be honest. I finally made myself finish it just to get it out of the way and doesn't have a home yet.
So an update of my finished knits. Lots of other things have been started, abandoned & then then reluctantly picked up again but that's for another day.