Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Something cheery in January

Both DH and I returned to work today after the Christmas break. I always find January a long dismal month after Christmas so decided yesterday to make us both something to brighten up the working day.

These are for DH:




The pirate fabric was a small scrap from Arianwen when I first started sewing. DH has a thing about pirates and always enjoys International Talk like a Pirate day in September so the fabric had to be his. He asked for two coasters, one for his coffee and the other for his glass of water.

I also made myself a new coaster as my last coaster is looking a bit tatty.




I must wash this one more frequently as I often drink iced water and leave the coaster wet.

There are other projects to reveal but I'm waiting for DH to sort out the photos (hence using my mobile) and also some knitting.....

2 comments:

LoveAnna said...

They'e lovely - I love the pirate ones (but doesn't every girl love a pirate - so much more exciting than sailors ;) lol!)

Arianwen said...

personally I love a sailor:) glad the pirate fabric came in useful the coasters are cute.