Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Not quite stash....

As soon as the Cho' 7 socks were finished I started swatching for the next pair.

Chameleon Colorworks Evolution
Chameleon Colorworks Evolution in Flamingo Sunrise


This yarn has been 'camping' in my stash since last October. I say camping as it never actually made into the stash properly & instead has been resident in a basket under my side of the bed to be retrieved regularly, stroked & pondered over.

Chameleon Colorworks Evolution
Chameleon Colorworks Evolution in Flamingo Sunrise


It was a gift last year from Alice of Socktopus & is so utterly gorgeous it's unreal.

Evolution socks
Evolution socks

Again toe up two at a time, is there any other way for me

knitting
Chameleon Colorworks Evolution & Stansfield 30 pattern


I'm using the same pattern (Ravelry link) as before but have instead of a standard rib have inserted Stansfield 30 stitch pattern. I wanted a pattern that wouldn't detract from the beauty of the yarn but that also had a ribbed construction and I think I've found it.

I had to keep a close eye on the yarn last weekend when Arianwen of The Silverspider Presents came to stay as she took a shine to it I can honestly say that it is one of the nicest yarns that I've used & wish that there was a 4 ply version. However I have found a lace weight version ....

4 comments:

Donna M said...

Love the yarn. The socks will be gorgeous! I have got to try knitting 2 socks at once like that. But I seem be a bit dyslexic about directions and can see myself quite tangled up!

Arianwen said...

I really love that yarn!! Soctopus doesnt have that colour up at the moment as far as I could see but does have equally wonderful colours.

Linda said...

Pretty, lovely yarn colours!

Anonymous said...

Love that yarn.