Monday, August 21, 2006

Tolkien country

As they're so popular I thought I'd share the other pictures that DH took of the fantastic tree roots at Aria Force:

Tree roots
Tree roots


Tree roots
Tree roots


The whole area reminds me of Tolkien from the impossibly steep hills & passes to the lakes & trees.


(Click the panoramic for a much larger image, beaware that the image is large but worth it..)


Wrynose Pass
Wrynose Pass


Lake Coniston
Lake Coniston


Whilst I was walking the dogs in the woods alongside Lake Coniston I could almost imagine a Hobbit or two to passing me on footpath....

4 comments:

Devorah said...

Those roots are really wild. You should print and frame the top one.

gourdongirl said...

The pix of the roots are amazing. looks like you had a great time in the Lakes. the pix brought back some great memories from when I was there.

Hellbelle said...

Your holiday photos are wonderful! Really makes me want to go to the lakes now (not that I need much encouragement!)

Glad you had a good time :)

Alison said...

Hi
I'm so envious of your well earned holiday! Can't wait to move up country (not long now!) because that'll make the Lake District accessible again.