Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mini Knits

My sock mojo had escaped me this month so I've busied myself with lots of little projects but before I reveal them I need to share some other small things that I've made & forgot to blog about:

Round Dishcloth
Round Dishcloth


Pattern: Round Dishcloth
Yarn: Peaches & Creme Ombres Lilac Ombre
Needles: 4.5mm
Dates: 6th - 18th of October 2008 but it wasn't grafted until after Christmas.
I really enjoyed this very quick pattern. I had lots of things OTN at the time so the dates are a bit misleading.

Round Dishcloth
Round Dishcloth


Next time I'll use a provisional cast on so that the grafting is easier & invisible.

Christmas Lace Dishcloth
Christmas Lace Dishcloth


Pattern: Christmas Lace Dishcloth
Yarn: Double Top cotton from Texere Yarns
Needles: 3.75mm
Dates: October 18th - December 28th 2008. Again this is a quick knit but it was abandoned for ages due to everything that was going on in my life and the fact that I had loads of WIP's.

Christmas Lace Dishcloth
Christmas Lace Dishcloth


Now onto January. My good friend CL in Canada had a beautiful baby boy on January 19th so obviously I had to make him a few things. She doesn't read my blog very often and is VERY busy at the moment so I think I'm safe to post them here.

Blue Garter Stripe Baby socksBlue Garter Stripe Baby socks


Pattern: Garter Stripe Baby socks
Yarn: Regia Uni colour 1255
Needles: 2mm
Dates: January 7th - 16th 2009

Blue Garter Stripe Baby socksBlue Garter Stripe Baby socks


I really didn't enjoy the YO short rowed heel so did my own toe as I couldn't face the YO's again. These socks aren't as stretchy as I'd like but they're very cute. The intended feet are smaller than these socks so they will fit but I don't know how long for.

Then I made him a hat however DD & I had had a huge row the evening I started these and I was feeling very stressed. This meant that I used the wrong sized needle as I got confused with the US sizing and chose the size intended for a preemie size with Baby Cashmerino.

Cabled Baby HatVery small Cabled Baby Hat


Pattern: Cabled Baby Hat
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in navy
Needles: 3.75mm
Dates: January 16th 2009

It's absolutely tiny and is modelled on a grapefruit in these photos. I can't give it to the local preemie until as although the yarn is machine washable it wouldn't stand up to the temperatures that the hospital would subject it to.

So does anybody know of a tiny preemie little boy that could do with a hat? If so please either leave a comment and a way of me getting in touch with you or alternatively pm me via Ravelry.

So then I made another one for CL's baby who was a healthy 8lb 10oz at birth:

Cabled Baby HatCabled Baby Hat


Pattern: Cabled Baby Hat
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in navy
Needles: 5mm
Dates: January 19th - 23rd 2009

This shot shows the patterning better:

Cabled Baby HatCabled Baby Hat


and a comparison shot of the two sizes:

Cabled Baby Hats
Cabled Baby Hats


Then yet another small knit. I was racing out of the door to go to the knitting club that I run & needed something small, portable & uncomplicated:

Baby Socks
Baby Socks in Regia Mini Ringel


Pattern: Baby Socks
Yarn: Regia Mini Ringel in Rio
Needles: 2.5mm
Dates: 17th - 20th January 2009

The yarn was given to me by Littleberry in a swap last year.

Baby SocksBaby Socks


I absolutely adore these socks but unfortunately don't have anyone to give them too at the moment but I'm sure that will change soon.

Baby SocksBaby Socks


DH likened having small amounts of a new sock yarn to pick 'n' mix cheeses whereby you can sample just a little bit before committing yourself to buying a bigger amount. Well it's worked on me I enjoyed knitting with the colour combination and will treat myself to this colourway one day.

Then I made another pair for CL's baby in Canada:

Baby socks
Baby socks


Pattern: Baby socks
Yarn: Regia Design Line Kaffe Fassett Landscape Storm
Needles: 2.5mm
Dates: 20th - 29th January 2009

Baby socksBaby socks


This yarn was another 'pick 'n' mix' from Littleberry and pooled a bit but I think it just adds to their charm:

Baby socks
Baby socks


Then another hat:

Orange Ribbed Baby Hat
Orange Ribbed Baby Hat


Pattern: 'Little Boy Blue' Baby Hat
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran
Needles: 4.5mm
Dates: 30th - 31st January 2009 although in reality it was one day but I finished it after midnight.

Orange Ribbed Baby Hat
Orange Ribbed Baby Hat


So two hats in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran and two pairs of blue baby socks will be on their way to Canada on Monday......

ETA: the Rio baby socks have reached their new home with Baby Addy in Canada but I think she needs a bit of time to grow in them them :)

4 comments:

Sue said...

You have been a busy knitter. I love those little rainbow colored socks too, so cute.

franney said...

Oh i do love baby knits, and what a lucky baby he is - i love the colours in the orangey socks, very nice!

Joy said...

Lovely :-)

Arianwen said...

I just love all the socks!! Even more gorg with the invisible baby feet!