Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas revisited

Apart from all the horrible things that have been going on over Christmas we did enjoy ourselves sometimes. DD loved her presents & spent the day dressed in her Goal Keepers outfit. DH has enjoyed his Powerball & Family Guy Xbox game & DVD's.

I was totally spoilt. Firstly by DH who visited my Amazon wish list & bought me these:

Knitting books
Knitting books from DH


Plus this:

Lorna's Laces
Lorna's Laces in Berry


DD bought me this with a HUGE hint from me:

Needle Felting book
Fleece Dog


I've got some rovings & felting needles from my trip to Wingham Wool Works earlier this year so will be playing soon.

Then I had another box of presents to open from my friend CL in Canada. As I opened the beautifully wrapped gifts I felt like a kid again:

Christmas presents from Canada
Christmas presents from Canada


CL sent me so many things that I couldn't even get them all in the photo but above you can see:

Yarn - Andean Treasure in lilac, Essential in Petunia, Knit Picks Gloss in Concord Grape & Koigu Kersti Merino Crepe but I'm already playing with that so you can only see half of it. Plus some other Knit Picks goodies including a Wraps per Inch tool, their own Circular needles & a Canadian / American needle gauge which has already proven useful. Also included were some really cute Christmas ornaments, a tape measure with the Canadian flag on, some maple syrup sweets, Hersey chocolate for DD, candy canes, a Canadian key ring for DH as he was jealous of the other one that CL sent in her last parcel + more.

The yarn is so gorgeous - I can't convey how delighted I am with it all & the Andean Treasure is going to become a pair of beautifully soft lacey socks. I had sent CL some presents too which included a kilo of Cashmerino Super Chunky in purple, Baby Cashmerino in red, the first Baby Cashmerino book & some English chocolates & biscuits. Thank you so much CL - I really enjoyed choosing your gifts & get the feeling that you did too.

8 comments:

Catknit said...

lovely Christmas gifts, I'm green with envy...I got a sat nav which isn't very exciting in itself but at least I can use it to find yarn stores!!

blueadt said...

Sat navs are fab if you've got absolutely no sense of direction like me! The rows on holiday have pretty much dried up as I don't get us lost anymore plus I can knit whilst DH drives [bg]

Piglottie said...

Lovely presents Blue! You got two of the same books as me (Lavish Lace and Mason-Dixon). Love the colour of the LL, and the Canada stuff is fab.

Cazzie said...

I agree with previous comments - lovely christmas pressies - love the look of Fleece Dog - off to look up :)

Anonymous said...

You are one lucky lady!
I've tagged you - take a look at my blog to see what for if you feel like it. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hope things are feeling more settled now. What lovely gifts ... books look great and I just love the wee dog! And a happy, healthy and creative New Year to you and yours

the stripey tiger said...

Hi Blue! Happy New Year!!! I hope you have a year full of exciting new adventures in knitting and life of course!! lol! Wow what a great wool haul!! I didn't get any yarn from Santa but I'm about to buy myself some online (tsk tsk!!) That fleece dog book is so cute!! :-) Stripey

blueadt said...

Thanks for the comments guys - I've absolutely chuffed with all my knitting related presents & feel very spoilt. Obviously I had to cast on straight away for a new project....