Friday, January 19, 2007

Ending Single Sock Syndrome

Last year I knitted one Lacy Scallop sock sock, just one. I got interupted due to the Knitting World Cup & never did go back to make a pair. So I've finally started on the second sock:

Lacy Scallop sock
Lacy Scallop sock


It's a very easy pattern to memorise & was my first ever lace project as I didn't fancy a scarf or shawl. It is however weird going back to a pattern having knitted other sock patterns in between. My resolve to knit toe up socks from now on is strengthened by the discovery that the first sock only weighs 40g so I could have easily put another pattern repeat in on the leg.

And now for something completely different. I've been reading Crazy Aunt Purl for a looooong time & wanted to point out the similarities between her Sobakowa & our Monet:

Monet
Monet


Both stunningly beautiful but full of ATTITUDE & god help the cat, dog or human who gets in her way

No comments: