Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Bear necessities

Before I start I want to tell you that this bear, Emilano, is DD's much loved treasure. He is the recipent of the clothes that she got for her birthday in October including the pirate outfit previously mentioned.

Now for some baby knits for a new, yet to be introduced, babe who is due to be born next month.

Jacket with Moss Stitch Bands
Emilano wearing Jacket with Moss Stitch Bands


Knitted in Debbie Bliss's Baby Cashmerino in requested cream. Here's another shot showing the neck & bands more clearly & here you can see the buttons in close up. I adapted the pattern slightly & used Kitchener Stitch to join the shoulders as I detest sewing up.

Boat Neck Sweater
Emilano wearing 'Boat Neck Sweater'


Knitted in Cashmerino Aran I took the decision that red was a unisex colour for a baby who has two dark haired parents as they are very unlikely to produced a pale blonde child. DD is a good example of this and she looked fantastic in red as a baby. Pale pink made her look washed out & ill. Both patterns can be found in Baby Knits for Beginners by Debbie Bliss.

Next another pair of the now surely expected baby bootees from 50 Baby Bootees to Knit.

Cotton Textured Cuff Bootees
Cotton Textured Cuff Bootees


The yarn came from the big box of inapropriate yarns that Rowan sent for the kids club that I set up at DD's school. I think it's Rowan Wool Cotton & if it is - yuk. It was horrible to knit with, kept splitting & was hard in my hands. I've washed them gently & they've softened up enough for a baby but I really wasn't impresssed.

Finally a shot of how DD's bear is normally dressed:

Emilano
Emilano


No Bratz or Barbies for my bruised & black eyed, swimming obsessed, football playing, Harry Potter loving daughter.

OH NO!

This is the child who drew on her 'baby' with a permanent marker at the age of 3 to show her distain, who cites her favourite colours as black & red & whom I'm convinced is a goth in the making

No comments: