Monday, July 31, 2006

Summer knitting

We've had a really hot summer so far & it's been so warm that my choice of knitting has been affected. I had planned to finish Lady Eleanor by the end of July but being sick got in the way

Lady Eleanor
28 tiers of Lady Eleanor


I've now put her down until it gets cooler & instead am knitting a headband for DD:

lace headband
black lace headband for DD


I'm using Rowan Hand Knit Cotton, from my stash, in black which has proven difficult to photograph properly.

The insects are enjoying my garden so I'll leave you with these:

Butterfly
Butterfly


Butterfly
Butterfly


Butterfly
Butterfly


Butterfly
Butterfly


Butterfly
Butterfly

7 comments:

Daisy said...

Love the butterfly pics!

the stripey tiger said...

Lady E looks fantastic!!!! What colourway is that Noro??? I have that headband otn too. :-) Stripeyxxx

Hellbelle said...

Nice butterfly pics! I have a camera full of blurry ones!

Lady Elenor is wonderful - stunning colours.

blueadt said...

Stripey

I'm using Noro Silk Garden 232. It was a nightmare to start with but is behaving now.

Butterfly photos - I adore them. DH is getting very good with his camera - I'm hoping he'll take loads of pics whilst we're on holiday.

Helen said...

Your Lady Eleanor is coming on a lot faster than mine! It looks fab.

Mine's about square, and has been for a while. But I am wearing the cardigan I made with the 232 which I originally bought to make it today *g*

The butterfly photos are lovely too.

Laughingrat said...

Beautiful photos!

TutleyMutley said...

Lady Eleanor is wonderful (one of my favourite tunes too). And how did your dh get the butterflies to open their wings? Beautiful peacocks and red admirals...