Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Welcome back Lady Eleanor

Finally after much tugging of skeins of yarn & trips to the post office I have enough Silk Garden to finish her. Celtic Cove have been helpful in that they have sent replacement yarn from which I could choose but I resented the comment that due to it's composition (45% silk, 45% kid mohair & 10% lambs wool) it was a fragile fibre & should be treated with respect. Silk is an extremely strong fibre and I didn't mis-use the yarn.

This has been the state of play for the past week as it was a week ago this evening that I discovered the faulty yarn:

Lady Eleanor
Lady Eleanor stalled


This photo shows exactly one weeks works so I would have been well on the way to finishing her by now if disaster hadn't struck. However I have enough now & won't be buying Noro again.

No comments: