Saturday, July 28, 2007

An update

Prompted by an email this morning from Miss Malice I thought I'd let you all know that DH is now getting better. He originally had a Doctors appointment for Thursday morning but I pushed to have it moved to Wednesday evening. If that hadn't been done I think he would be in hospital now as it was a very near miss. He's on double dosage of VERY strong medication & they're working. By Thursday morning his entire calf was a bright pink with area that was pink in this post a dark angry purple. He was delirious with fever on throughout the night & Thursday morning but it had broken by the afternoon leaving him very weak. Two days later & he's nearly back to normal but still taking his medication religiously.

I had a very unpleasant experience on Thursday which I don't want to go into but will sum it up as 'an unpleasant blast from the past'. It's left me a bit shaken & upset but that'll pass. Knitting club last night was fun & it was great to catch up with everyone & I needed to get out of the house and see some friends.

I'm getting closer on Ravelry:

* You signed up on June 6, 2007
* You are #7310 on the list.
* 356 people are ahead of you in line.
* 13656 people are behind you in line.
* 33% of the list has been invited so far

but aren't quite there yet and it seems to be going very slowly

I've got loads to share including some temporary guests & some FO's for now I'll leave you with somethings that I bought recently at the local Farmers Market:

handmade sheep figures
L to R: Masham, Hampshire Down, Rough Fell & South Down sheep


I couldn't resist them. They stand 2.5" tall up to the top of their heads & are handmade. There were loads of other breeds available so I think I'll be adding a few more to my 'flock' in a few weeks.

6 comments:

Mary-Lou said...

I reckon that's about 2 or 3 days to go by Ravelry time ...! Look forward to seeing you there! I love your sheep btw, they're really fun

Laughingrat said...

I am shocked that you have not gotten into Ravelry yet! I swear I signed up after you did. Hmm. Maybe not. My memory's patchy.

Glad to hear that your husband is doing better. It sounds like a frightening experience.

Donna said...

They mentioned on Ravelry yesterday that they're adding about 1200 people a week, so you should be on soon!

Arianwen said...

I love your flock. Are the dogs in charge of herding? Hope DH is feeling better and the DD is enjoying her holidays

Missmalice said...

oh i am waiting for ravelry too!! you'll be there soon!! Sadly i still have more than 6000 people to go before it is my turn... which is a good thing I guess.... otherwise I would never get the things i need doing done!

Glad to see you back online.

Put a Sock in it said...

So pleased to hear DH is on the mend. You must be relieved.

Love the sheep! The Masham reminds me of the Sheep Fair I used to go to every September—crafters, sheep races, and barbecued lamb on a bun!