Saturday, September 10, 2005

Secret Pal 5

I'd like to thank my SP for the parcel which I received a few weeks ago. I've got a VERY good idea of who she is but she hasn't revealed herself to me yet so I'm keep quiet about that for now.
The box was HUGE & everything was very pretty in what looked like handmade purple tissue paper & then packed with purple shredded paper! I opened it with DD & she tried to lay claim to the contents!

First to be opened was this

Rowan Big Wool
Rowan Big Wool


It's a beautiful colour & enough to do something with especially when I opened this

Rowan: Little Book of Big Accessories
Rowan: Little Book of Big Accessories


At the moment I'm leaning towards the mittens with a scarf from what's left out of the two balls.

next up was
pattern for the 1 skein wonder
pattern for the 1 skein wonder


It won't really suit me at the moment but would look fantastic on dd - a small project for next spring I think or for me in a few months when the exercise regime starts to show results.

Then I opened these

Thorntons Chocolates
Thorntons Chocolates


yummmy - I managed to resist until DH had taken photos & then scoffed most of them!

Next I opened

200g of Sirdar Salsa DK
200g of Sirdar Salsa DK


It's a beautiful tweedy colour but I've got no plans for it yet - it'll come to me soon.

Then

wooden bead stitch markers
wooden bead stitch markers


and

pink motifs
pink motifs


and then

Rowan Lightweight DK
Rowan Lightweight DK


Finally I found another small package hidding under all the shredded paper & found these

buttons
buttons


Aren't they cute?

Thank you so much SP - I've really enjoyed the exchange & hope that you loved your gifts as much as I did.

I've been sending to The Stripey Tiger in Australia. Due to postage charges I sent everything surface so she still hasn't received the 3rd & BIGGEST package. But keep an eye on her blog & hopefully you'll see it all soon.

6 comments:

Emily said...

Hi there, so glad to see you enjoyed everything in the parcel! And i wonder if you guessed right?
I am your secret pal!!

Emily

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!
I haven't taken part in any secret pal swaps yet, but seeing everyone's lovely parcels, I'm beginning to think that I should :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome back ... lovely to see all the goodies your SP - Emily - sent you. The photo's really do the package justice - lucky you.

blueadt said...

Hi Emily

Yes I guessed you right - thank you so much for all the lovely presents I've really enjoyed them. I'll carry on enjoying them all as I knit them - keep an eye out for the results.

Emily said...

Out of interest, what gave me away?

blueadt said...

Hi Emily

First of all I already read your blog so I noticed your writing style, usage of words & also that you always write the first person 'I' in lower case.

In emails you said that you were in the UK & that it was also your first Secret Pal.

Finally periods of silence coincided with lapses in updates on your blog - e.g. when you lost Pixel.

But please don't be upset that I worked out who you were - I was found out too!

Cheers