Thursday, April 28, 2005

Celebrating....

I finally finished the baby blanket last night. Tonight I've sewn in the ends & it's now sat in the washing machine waiting for the timer to kick in around 7 a.m. We're going away for the bank holiday weekend so I'm leaving it pinned out to dry whilst we're away.

It was a great feeling to finally start something with some colour as I cast on 33 stitches in Rowan Cork Very Berry to start Fay:

Rowan Cork Very Berry & Delight for Fay
Rowan Cork Very Berry & Delight for Fay


We watched Supersize me this evening & my god it was awful. I knew that junk food was just that, JUNK, but this guys' liver was near death after a months exclusive diet of McDonalds. I'm going to get a Pedometer soon & increase the distance I walk every day. I've already worked out that due to DD's training schedule I can't really fit any other exercise into my life. But if it's not raining too heavily I have a 25 minutes walk each way to collect her from school every afternoon & want to walk the dogs more - if I can measure how many steps I take I know hope that I'll walk more.

Here's my progress in one evening:

Rowan Cork Very Berry & Delight for Fay
Rowan Cork Very Berry & Delight for Fay


I'm taking it away with me for a weekend in the caravan so hope to finish it soon. I have two friends who LOVE orange so both will get one for Christmas. My SIL is also pretty keen on the colour but I may be fed up with the very simple pattern after two. The pattern for Fay can be found in The Cork Collection from Rowan (obviously).

No comments: