Wednesday, April 20, 2005

First post

Hi

I'm new to blogging so will learn as I go.

I've got a few things on the needles at the moment & have a LOT of projects that I want to start:

OTN:
  1. baby blanket for my next door neighbours baby in Sirdar Snowflake chunky Candy stripe. I've already ripped it out once so am now using markers to count the stitches. I cast on 108, knitted 4 rows in gs with a 4 stitch gs border. I've got about 20cm left to go.

  2. Simple ss scarf with a gs border in Wendy Shimmer in a deep shade of purple - but I'm bored of it so haven't touched it for a while.

  3. Also currently playing with some cotton with I found in my stash last week - 1kg of chocolate & 800g of cream. I'm knitting swatches to work out what size needles to use & will wash the squares to see how it copes in the washing machine. If it's ok I'm going to make a patchwork throw loosely based on a design in
    Debbie Abrahams blankets and throws to knit

I set up a knitting group called 'In Stitches' recently & four other people turned up to the first meeting which was a big surprise. We had a great time & the time flew by. We're going to be meeting once a month for now but maybe more if it gets really popular.

Anyway my bed is shouting my name as I've got to get up in 7 hours :-(

blueadt

No comments: