Friday, April 22, 2005

OTN: Baby blanket

Here's the blanket that I'm knitting for my neighbours new baby daughter.

Sirdar Snowflake Chunky baby blanket in Candy Stripe
Sirdar Snowflake Chunky baby blanket in Candy Stripe


I haven't got much more to do but am bored bored bored. I cast on 108 stitches, the first & last 4 are garter stitch & the 100 in between are stocking stitch. I've have to rip it all out once already as I found a dropped stitch way down. I tried to pick it up but the stripes went a bit wonky so am using stitch markers this time to ensure that I don't drop any stitches. Snowflake is a pain to knit with & I don't want to use it again for a few months at least.

My DH has had trouble capturing the subtle colours but hopefully you can get a rough idea of what it's like. Next time you see it will be it's new owner hopefully sleeping soundly. She's two months old next week & is already teething much to her parents' surprise.

No comments: