Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Utility nightmare

Yesterdays post brought us a gas bill for £3316 & we were in credit in February! So total panic as I was on hold for ages & DD had to crawl into the understairs cupboard to get a meter reading for me. We're ok as it's a mistake & we're still in credit - I've asked for a cheque so we can have the money back.

Then today when I came in from work - the phone was totally dead! Luckily my mobile had some credit on it & I was able to ring DH. He contacted the phone company & there is a fault in the area which won't be fixed until tomorrow night :-( So no internet access from home & the house will be quiet this evening.

I'm wondering what's going to happen tomorrow.

Just in case you're wondering I'm in a library using public pc's - very sad as our connection has only been off for about 4 hours but we had some time between a dentist appointment & DD's swimming & I'm making the most of it.

1 comment:

Minxxy said...

HOW MUCH???!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mistake or not, I would have fainted on the spot then caused a riot on the phone!
Minxxy