Thursday, May 11, 2006

On the needles....

It's about time I had some photos as it's looking a bit dull here so prepare for a run down of what I'm doing at the moment:

First off - surely to be expected Lady Eleanor from Scarf Style

Lady Eleanor
3 Tiers of Lady Eleanor


I tried to leave the yarn in a bag & finish the very tedious & boring blue baby blanket in Sirdar Snowflake but it was calling my name & I very quickly gave in

I haven't knitted with Noro before & now know why knitters rave about it. The colours are so exciting! I've found a few bits of vegetable matter but nothing to get stressed about & no (touch wood) knots yet. I cast on with a beautiful green hoping to get lots of base triangles out of it but it soon changed to a purple. I'm going to do some sort of fringe so hopefully that will detract from the bright green cast on. The Silk Garden seems a bit rough in my hands but I know it'll soften wonderfully after washing due to the silk & kid mohair content.

The pattern is really simple & makes for relaxing knitting - far easier than the other Entrelac Shawl shawl which I'm supposed to be knitting but I'm ashamed to say that I haven't picked it up in ages.

Next some baby socks using the same pattern as the Tiger Cubs with the left over yarn from my Mothers' Day Socks

Baby blue opal socks
Baby blue opal socks


This odd looking tube is destined to be a felted bowl from One Skein which DH bought me for my birthday

Mohair
Mohair bowl-to-be


I was given this mohair yarn for my birthday last year. I LOVE the colours but it shreds horendously so it sat untouched in my stash until now. This way I can use this beautiful yarn which is so soft but the felting will reduce the shedding as will a quick defuzz if necessary after felting.

Last project on show but not the least another pair of socks - Lacy Scallops from Sockbug - my first lace project!

Lacy Scallop in Socka Color
Lacy Scallop in Socka Color


I bought the yarn last year at the Harrogate Knitting & Stitching show.

I'd also like to say Thank You to Susoolu who gave me a late birthday present:

Opal Cotton
Opal Cotton


I've never knitted with a cotton sock yarn before & am looking for it.

Finally just overload you with images check out the slippers that I bought for my niece this afternoon:

Tweety Pie slippers
Tweety Pie slippers


She is 6 and has adored Tweety Pie since she was a baby - I think these will be worn until they drop off her feet!

7 comments:

Steph said...

I really love your photos. How do you get that white background?

blueadt said...

Hi Steph

Thanks for the comment on the photos - I'm make sure DH reads it.

The white background is achieved by using a roll of white paper (kids drawing paper from Ikea) & taping it to the splash back behind the cooker & draping it over the cooker with a chopping board underneath to provide a solid surface to sit things on.

The weird metal thing that the sock yarn is sat in is my spoon rest!

DH has a fantastic camera & some really good lenses - one of which is worth more than the car, which helps to get good pics. He's also a pretty good photographer & has done a lot of action shots for the local Speedway team & recently DD's swimming club.

This is why I'd rather wait for him to take them for me than use a cheaper camera myself as I don't touch his kit - I'm scared of breaking something!

Daisy said...

Lady Eleanor's looking fab and Silk Garden does soften up a LOT with washing.
I think the slippers are cool too! ;-)

Becky said...

That entrelac shawl is looking lovely - I was just looking at that pattern this evening and thinking it might be a goodun. I have exactly the same ball of Opal cotton sock yarn and it's lovely - I've nearly finished my first sock with it and it's great - need to get on with those - oh too many things on the needles - again !

Becky x

Piglottie said...

You have been busy! Am loving the lacy socks and I cant believe how quickly you've got on with the Lady Eleanor - the colours are gorgeous.

Woolly Wormhead said...

Blimey, loads of knitting on the needles!

BTW, mohair felts beautifully, and won't shed anymore either. On the upside, a shedding mohair does indicate a purer fibre :)

RoxyK said...

Yup, Noro is just amazing. Just one of those yarns you have to try to find out how fab it is.

All your projects are looking great - and my aren't there a few of them!