Monday, May 01, 2006

Parent & Child workshop at Rowan

It was fantastic apart from the fact that I had Tracy Beaker with me aka DD who was a crabby s*d due to lack of sleep, missing her daddy & being a pain. She loves this TV show & has taken to shouting at us like Tracy - which I'm trying to cope with & hating every minute of it.

The venue was lovely, set in the rolling hills of Holmfirth, excellent company, lots of yarn to play with, loads of great food including cakes & biscuits which the kids dived into. Everybody created some fantastic things using a variety of Rowan yarns. DD & I both learnt to bead, she also designed her own bag with the help of Sharon Brant, knitted it all apart from the handle which will be done soon, sewed it up & decorated it. She also learnt colour work on the DK Cotton beaded purse & had lots of fun. We've both got some finishing to do before any photos & one of my projects is awaiting the purchase of a 12mm crochet hook so I can't get on with it at the moment

I bought a few bits of yarn from the bargain bins including some Rowanspun DK & 200g of Jaeger Siena both in green shades. I also picked up a couple of books which were greatly reduced due to slight damage to the spine & some R2 sparkle which will be used to decorate projects.

We also visited Up Country where I bought 4 balls of Debbie Bliss's Baby Cashmerino which I'll use to contrast with that already in my stash.

I'm going to try & book again for next year but will commute each day rather than stay in a hotel as DD just isn't up to it.

2 comments:

Woolly Wormhead said...

V.glad to hear you're feeling better and that you had a fab weekend!

RoxyK said...

Glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend. The stories of bargain yarn always make me jealous ;)