Sunday, May 14, 2006

One Skein Questionnaire

1. Which yarn is most like your personality (you can be specific or
general with your answer- brand, type, color, fiber, whatever)?

What a question - I'm definately not an acrylic kinda girl - more natural fibre with a hint of luxury. Without knowing the prices of things I'll always fall in love with the most expensive coat or pair of shoes in the shop but rarely buy them.

2. What is your favorite color yarn to knit/crochet with?

I love the Debbie Bliss cashmerino range & am also falling in love with Noro Silk Garden. I haven't used other Noro yarns.

3. Have you ever used variegated, or magic, yarns?

Yes - both Opal & Regia sock yarns + Noro Silk Garden.

4. Do you tend to favor certain fibers when choosing yarns?

Wool (often merino), silk, cashmere.

5. Do you prefer to work with center-pull or traditionally wound balls
of yarn?

Traditionally wound as I've found that centre pull balls collapse on themselves when some has been used. But I'm not really bothered.

6. Have you ever worked with organic yarns or are you interested in
trying them?

No & would like to try but again not too fussed.

7. How many and what projects have you made in the last year?

Not as many as I would have liked. Check out my Photo Gallery at the top of the side bar.

8. Will you be knitting any gifts this year?

Yes

9. What is your favorite one skein project?

Felted bowls & cabled socks.

10. How much yarn do you have in your stash and how do you store it?

I have a health stash & store it in 6 large boxes.

11. Do you have a yarn in your stash that you love so much you can never
use it or part with it?

No - I have lots of yarns that I love but I want to use them.

12. Do you knit less or differently in the summer?

I tend not to use heavy wool in the summer as my hands get hot but apart from that no difference.

13. Do you belong to any knitting groups (online or offline)?

Yes I run a local group & have also set up a group at my daughters school. Plus a number of Yahoo groups - link in the sidebar.

No comments: