Friday, June 30, 2006

Wasted day

Our Electricity meter is due to be changed & an engineer was booked between 10 a.m. - 12 noon.

I say 'was' as so far (time is now 13.38) nobody has shown up. So I have stayed in on a beautiful sunny day for nothing & had to endure my neighbours horrendously loud voice & stereo

I could have gone out with the dogs, had lunch with a friend or whatever else I fancied doing. Instead I am now awaiting a call back as to the whereabouts of the missing engineer.

As of next week I am working 5 days per week so Friday lunch dates with friends are over & so is my 'own time'

If they still want to change the meter it will have to be on a weekend as I refuse to take a day off work for the engineers not to turn up & feel like billing them for my 'lost' day.....

4 comments:

Modelwidow said...

Poor you, it is SO frustrating when that sort of thing happens. Hope you have a really good weekend to help make up for it.

Maggan said...

Hello! I´m a member of the Eris knitalong and just had to visit your page when I saw the link.
What a cute hamster you have!
Have a nice weekend.
Best wishes from Maggan in Sweden

Laughingrat said...

Hiya--I think I got your blog link from the Sensational Knitted Socks KAL. I just had to say how much I can sympathize with this post! :(

blueadt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.