Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Progress on Fay & more internet purchases

I didn't get Fay one finished last night as I spent too long writing last nights entry. I've got 28 rows left to do in Very Berry & then it's done. I'm starting a Gift Stash for friends & it'll be the first entry but won't be mentioning who they're for in case the recipant views the blog.

I came home from work to an exciting parcel. I purchased some

Blue & Annie
Plymouth interchangable bamboo needles


from the Discount Yarn Center on ebay. Someone mentioned them on knitlist & directed me to this seller. She normally doesn't sell outside of the US but my good ebay feedback plus the promise of quick paypal payment was enough to persuade her luckily. I'm delighted with them (take a closer look here) & for the cost of 8 pairs of bamboo circulars I now have potentially 24 sets in one tiny carrying case. 6 sizes of bamboo needles: 3.75mm,4.25mm, 4.50mm, 5.00mm, 5.50mm & 6.00mm with 4 cords which when fitted with the needles make up the following lengths: 40cm, 60cm, 80cm & 100cm

DH's reaction was predictable -

"How many needles do you need?"

but even he saw the practicality of them. BUT he then wanted to know how many pairs I could now get rid of!

If anyone else in the UK wants a set Discount Yarn Center is now happy to sell them to the UK for $85 which includes shipping & admin. Please mention blueadt when ordering.

Blue
Blue dog


DD went back to school today after being off sick last week & also returned to training tonight. I had full intentions of taking her until a chance conversation when a colleague said "You have remembered that we're all going out for a meal tonight, haven't you?" Whoops.....

So a quick phone call to DH to make sure he would be home in time & that he could take DD swimming. DD is knackered after nearly a week and a half off but it won't take her long to get fit again. I probably won't be able to update as regularly because of her swimming but I'll do my best.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I'm so glad that you like the Plymouth needles and the seller! I was very pleased with her customer service and just delighted with the needles! They are my favorite. Tell DH you can never have enough knitting needles! :-)