Thursday, May 26, 2005

Secret Pal 5 Questionnaire

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)?
Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

I am starting to prefer wool but that's only because I want to do more
felting. I do use synthetics but don't like anything that 'squeaks'.


2. Do you spin? Crochet?

I want to learn to crochet eventually but am still exploring
knitting.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

I have a medical allergy but nothing that would affect SP.
I also hate cigarette smoke.


4. How long have you been knitting?

On & off for 15 years.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, look here

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

I like spicy scents like orange rather than floral scents.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

YES - I love chocolate but HATE turkish delight.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I don't really do anything else apart from knitting unless you
count grooming my own dogs which is a form of DIY!


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Yes I can play MP3's on the PC & stereo. I like everything from the
Scissor Sisters, to Norah Jones, Joan Armatrading & Fleetwood Mac.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color
family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

I love reds & purples with pinks/blues & chocolate brown.
I HATE orange & yellow. I adore varigated yarns & wish that
we had a wider selection here in the UK.


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I live with my DH, DD (aged 9 1/2) who is slowly learning to knit,
2 dogs & 4 eldery cats - a very full house.


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

To have fun without hurting anybody else.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

I like chunkier yarns rather than fine yarns. I'm not that keen on
fluffy eyelash yarns as I find them annoying but do use them for other
people if I think they'll like them.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

squeaky acrylics

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

I'm knitting lots of scarves for Christmas presents & love the
book Scarf Style. I need a portable project due to my daughters
swimming timetable & am also learning loads of new techniques
within a scarf & attempting to use my stash.


16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Currently scarves & I want to do some more bags.

17. What are you knitting right now?

Rowan Fay scarf in Cork & a ss scarf in Wendy Shimmer which
I'm bored with.


18. What do you think about ponchos?

I'm going to knit one for my DD but I don't want to wear
one myself at the moment. Although I'm starting to see some
fantastic patterns so that may change.


19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

I've always knitted with circulars. The friend who taught
me did as the weight is held in the middle. If I try & use
straights I find that I get all mixed up & drop them!


20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I prefer addi bamboos. Sometimes I use normal metal addi
turbos but I don't like the way they clink together & I find
the points a bit blunt.


21. Are you a sock knitter?

Not yet but hope to be soon.

22. How did you learn to knit?

I learnt when I was 19 & was taught by a German friend at college.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

The oldest UFO that I have is about 6 months old - a purple
scarf in Wendy Shimmer. I think I have others but don't know
where they are :-( I took a break from knitting & am not
sure where they are.


24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

I love dogs - particularly Airedale terriers (I have two)

25. What is your favorite holiday?

Going away in our caravan & exploring the English,
Scottish & Welsh countryside.


26. Is there anything that you collect?

Airedale terrier things - I've got all sorts including
doorknockers, teapots, cups, bookends, figures, keyrings,
ashtrays & more.
Yarn - I've got way too much of it & am trying to use up
my stash.


27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I don't have any currently. I tried to take one out for
Interweave Knits but they didn't manage to get it to me.
So I've cancelled it & have bought the Spring & Summer '05
issues from UK based yarn shops. I am now trying to get hold
of Vogue knitting. We have two new knitting magazines here in
England but I don't want a subscription for either as they're not
that brillant. Any back issues of Interweave Knits would be very welcome...


28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

Plenty - see my amazon wish list. Particularly a good one on socks or designing your own patterns.

No comments: